It’s the first day of Florence Finds #JanuaryJoy series, and today I’m thinking about my New Year’s Resolutions… Much the same as Rebecca, I like to see January as a clean start, a nice fresh page to start everything with good intentions.
#JanuaryJoy – Make some resolutions
So, without further ado, here is my list of resolutions for 2013.
- Be the Fittest I’ve ever been. A somewhat shallow first resolution, and not quite the typical “lose weight” one that most people make, but of course, being the fittest I’ve been will hopefully mean that I do get to my target weight (and therefore in to all my clothes). It will also help me, obviously, with my Marathon training, culminating with the race itself on April 21st.
- Think before I buy. I have so many clothes and shoes. So many in fact that I have to do the seasonal swap-over where half go into the loft for storage since my drawers and wardrobes can’t take any more. As 2013 will be a year for Husband and I to really save, this is going to be especially important. “Do I really need it?” is set to become my new mantra.
- Be creative with my wardrobe. A resolution that leads on nicely from the above, I want to make sure that this year, I get a lot of creative wear out of my current clothes and shoes. I can’t wait to share that with you through my Inspired by and Worn posts.
- Save. Husband and I have decreed at that 2013 will be the year to really put some pennies together in order to move house. We are just not a two-bed house family, and with the arrival of Little-Man, this has become even more apparent. The wish-list of things for the new house is long and probably unachievable without a lottery win (let’s hope our Euromillions ticket is the lucky one tonight), but some extra cash will certainly help us along.
- Make 2013 a success at work. We have big things happening at work this year. HUGE. However, those goals don’t come without a lot of hard work. I want to make sure that I do my very best, along with my team, in order to achieve them. I’m positive that we will.
- Be the best Mother I can. Last but by no means least, I want to make sure that I do the very best by my Son. Now some people will say that means not going back to work and spending all my time with him. I like to think that a balance of what he needs, and I need, is right. Weekends will take on a new meaning, becoming much more important for us as a family. But most importantly, I will see him every night for supper, bath-time, story and bed. I have the book/film “I don’t know how she does it” in my minds eye whilst writing this, but I’m not the first Mother to have managed, and certainly won’t be the last.
So there we are. My Husband would add two more to this list, those being “Be More Tidy” (we have the same clean up before the cleaner comes dash that Rebecca has) and “Use Technology Less” (Oh the irony as I write this! I do often have the Mac, iPhone and iPad on the Sofa with me).
What are your resolutions? The same old, or something more?
Erin, Love from Cornfield… X