It is the Festive Season after all, so what better way to channel the party spirit than to don a few sequins.
There are plenty around at the moment, not just given the season, and whether you want something subtle for the day or some all-out glamour, there is something for everyone.
I’m a huge advocate of sequin wearing in the day. I like to think my style motto is ‘Never Knowingly Underdressed’ and I’m pretty sure I live by this well. Wearing sequins during the day is therefore a given. There’s something about that sparkle that gets me every time – yup, I’m a magpie.
Here’s my take on the trend with a couple of outfits I’ve worn during the last week.
- Oxblood Sequin Bolero – Darling
- Burgundy Silk Vest – American Vintage from SecretSales
- Black Coated Lace Skirt – Cos (from Gracies)
- Studded heel Ankle Boots – Zara
- Black Tweed Zip Jacket – Zara
- Antique Gold Sequin T-Shirt – M&S Autograph
- Black Pleather Pencil Skirt – Next
- Studded Heel Ankle Boots – Zara
I’m going to finish up with a roundup of the other Sequins I’m coveting at the moment.
I ADORE the Navy J.Crew sweater with the Red Heart!
Gold T-Shirt – Michael Kors; Navy Sweater, J.Crew; Gold Skirt, Oasis; Silver Jacket, New Look; Black Jacket, Zara
Do you brighten up your days with sequins, or are they reserved for after-dark?
Erin, Love from Cornfield… X